thisisdunstable is Dunstable's online community and the first website to give the people of Dunstable a community website to be proud of.
We aim to to be the voice of the people of Dunstable as well as providing information and resources to the local people.
Do you run a business based in the town? You can advertise your company on the website. Click here for more information.
• BREAKING NEWS: Dunstable doctor dies after contracting swine flu (13 Jul)
• BREAKING NEWS: Man seriously injured in A5 horror crash (02 Jun)
• Coffee Republic comes to The Quadrant (31 May)
• Celebrity art comes to Dunstable (21 May)
• Dunstable Gigs gains PA system from the council (14 Apr)
Set in the heart of Bedfordshire, Dunstable is a town steeped in history. Lying on the crossroads of the ancient Roman road Watling Street and the Icknield Way, Dunstable was one of the most important and influential towns in Britain.
With the introduction of the new Grove Theatre and the renovation of local pubs and amenities, Dunstable is currently enjoying a revival. Even our football team appears to be 'on the ups'!
Dunstable is home to Whipsnade Zoo, one of Europe's largest zoos and wildlife conservation parks. The vast Dunstable Downs are also a big local attraction, alongside the history behind many local buildings, including the Priory Church which played host to many royal events including the divorce between Henry VIII and Catherine of Aragon.